Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

ALS Awareness - More Than A Bucket of Water

I've been seeing on Facebook, the local news, instagram, twitter, and even the TODAY show people dumping buckets of water on their heads for ALS Awareness.  While I think its great to bring AWARENESS to this disease, awareness is NOT enough to find a cure!

ALS is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. The disorder is characterized by rapidly progressive weakness, muscle atrophy and fasciculations, muscle spasticity, difficulty speaking, difficulty swallowing, and decline in breathing ability.




My awesome friend that I went to college with at Clarion University, Hope Cross Dezember, is a huge supporter of FINDING a cure for ALS. As her husband was diagnosed just 3 short years ago.  I've been able to keep up with her story via facebook and I have never seen a person who has more HOPE that we will find a cure.  Her husband, Steve Dezember II, has rapidly lost the ability to walk, eat on his own, and even to breathe without assistance.  But they have not lost hope or a true love for life as they take road trips, go to concerts, and are the definition of living life to the fullest. They are an inspiration to all people not just those suffering from a terrible disease.  

While I could dump a bucket of water on my head or nominate you to do so as well, I thought I could do more.  Hope and Steve started a foundation called HopeforSteve (how cute) and I am going to donate $ which is the real thing they need to help pay for crazy medical bills, helping Steve have the medical supplies he needs, help Hope to pay for groceries or honestly whatever they need! Wouldn't you feel better knowing your money went right in the pocket of someone suffering this disease to help them to live their lives.  Steve recently tweeted




I am going to take 50% of my profits from Beachbody on all day Thursday, August 14th and donate it directly to Hope For Steve.  So if you have been on the fence or messaging me about a product I enourage you to ORDER on THURSDAY, AUGUST 15, 2014 to help Hope and Steve!  Sign up here  and I will contact you.  

For more information see www.hopeforsteve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment