Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Get Fit Your First Trimester

Well.. its out there. The first trimester is over - the news is out and yes - were pregnant!  YAY!  Little Baby Bauer #2 arrives the end of October 2015.  Our little ones will be 2 years and just a few weeks apart.  


As I type this I am just a few days into my second trimester and feeling great. All my clothes are still fitting, although maybe not comfortable at this point, I am still zipping those jeans. I have kept up my workout schedule 5-6 days a week, still running, and drinking my nutritional shake everyday! 


This is the time that most people slack off from exercise, throw their feet up on the couch and say "hey I'm pregnant and eating for 2."   Unfortunately,  the first trimester is the most crucial time and a great time to begin an exercise routine.  This is not a time to skimp on food or count calories. You're not quite eating for two people, but you do need extra nutrients for your growing fetus. The general recommendation is to eat about 300 extra calories a day. You'll need to gain 25 to 35 pounds during your pregnancy. Expect to gain at least 3 to 4 pounds during the first trimester. I gained 6 !  I'm OK with this, I know that I have been eating healthy and exercising so its just a number.  


For many women, the first trimester is also the period when you experience the most profound changes. Although you may not appear pregnant, you'll certainly feel all of the differences. 


Ive been very fortunate to not have true morning sickness but I do feel the need to eat every 2 hours or I get that nauseous feeling.  I know lots of people who are really sick the first 14 weeks and I am so sorry. I do know that eating frequently can help!  I'm not going to say I have been 100% perfect with my clean eating because there has been some cheats in there and a little more leniency than usual.  I can tell that keeping up with my regular routine has really kept my health and energy levels up.  



So what have I been doing?

  • 5-6 days a week I exercise
  • eating 6-7 small meals a day
  • allowing 1 treat every day
  • taking a few naps a week when needed
  • going to bed early
  • wearing my fit bit and getting 10,000 steps a day
  • drinking my shake everyday for vitamins, minerals, and energy


Exercise



Exercise during pregnancy has many benefits, such as improving sleep, reducing swelling or backaches caused by pregnancy, making labor and delivery easier, providing endorphins that can make you feel happier and more energetic, and helping you get your figure back faster after delivery.  I know that working out last time I was pregnant was crucial and even pushing play when I really didn't want to was huge. I actually taught a Spinning class just a few days before delivery. 
Since exercise carries little risk for the baby, the first trimester is a great time to begin or regulate your exercise routine.  Always, check with your doctor but a low impact routine will help you feel great all pregnancy long and starting now will help you feel motivated to go through your entire pregnancy.  
One of my favorite programs right now is the 21 Day Fix. While I'm not following the nutrition program because I'm not cutting calories but the workouts are awesome. I love that they have breaks LOL.  After each move or round you get a recovery time which is awesome when you are pregnant so you can catch your breath.   Also, for me, I know that I tend to lose my breath easier when I am pregnant.  You should always check with your doctor before beginning any exercise routine.
Nutrition

Typical Day
Breakfast:  2 eggs with added veggies and toast
Workout: 30 minutes of cardio or strength
Snack:  Chocolate Shakeology with 1/2 banana and peanut butter and almond milk
Lunch:  Turkey wrap with provolone cheese lettuce tomato light mayo and some pretzels
Snack:  Homemade granola bars  and greek yogurt
Dinner:  Grilled chicken salad with lots veggies and dressing and sweet potato 
Snack:  fruit or some type of treat a little ice cream or a cookie

Vitamins and Minerals
Each day this counts towards my daily vitamin and mineral intake and what I need to keep me and the baby healthy. Check with  your doctor for your personal needs.
  • 1 scoop of Shakeology
  • 2 Omega 3's
  • 1 Caltrate 
  • 1 folic acid 
I hope to keep you posted along my journey through my pregnancy.  My summer confidence challenge starts in just a few weeks.  I am trying to stay as healthy as possible for me and my little one growing.  Please message me to reserve your spot. Specific meal plans, pregnancy exercises and modifications provided for those who need it, and support and motivation.  Thanks for reading.

xo

Coach Kerri 





No comments:

Post a Comment