Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Friday, September 26, 2014

How Do I Possibly Wake Up This Early to WORKOUT?!

Please believe me when I say that I have not always been a morning person.  I was for almost my first 29 years of life been the OPPOSITE of a morning person. I've actually had my roomates tell me that they were scared of me in the morning because I was THAT mean!  Sorry guys! xoxo  love you!


I work at a school, at a high school nonetheless, so we work EARLY. I have to be there by 7:30 and I live 22 minutes away!  I try to leave my house by 6:45 in the morning.  So - as you can see I have to get up early in order to get my workout in because if it doesn't happen in the morning - it usually doesn't happen.

Being able to wake up and workout takes some planning the night before.  Here is what I do before I go to bed:

1. I turn on the Keurig, heat up the water, set the K-cup in in, place a mug below and literally all I will have to do in the morning is push start.


2. Lay out my workout clothes, shoes, shorts, headband.  I set my outfit out next to my clock on the desk so I can actually SEE my clothes when my alarm goes off.

3. I sleep in my sports bra.  Yes, I know, I'm crazy.  But its one less thing that I have to worry about in the morning and when I wake up with it on, I know its a workout morning.

4. I set multiple alarms.  I need to be working out by 5:10 at the latest so that means 5:05 is the absolute latest time I can wake up.  I keep my phone on my night stand but put it in the farthest possible corner away so I have to get up to turn it off.


5.  I set my DVD player and TV the night before.  I mean really set it up - cue the DVD up to where the workout starts and hit pause then I just turn off the tv screen.


Been using my computer bc my tv is on the fritz !


I got to bed early!!  I am ASLEEP by 10:30... so that means laying down by 10 if I want to scroll facebook or pinterest then shut it off so I am snoozing away by 10:30.  That gets me a good 6 1/2 hours of sleep.  I aim for 10 to get 7 hours but I can function on less :)

6. In the morning:  I usually hit snooze once and then get up! I can see my workout clothes by the alarm clock and remind myself that if I don't get up then I wont have a chance to workout that day!!

7. Push Start on the Keurig and drink 1/2 cup of coffee while I put on my shorts and shoes and tie my hair in a pony tail.

8. Walk to my living room - push play!  I switch up my workouts between PiYo, 21 Day Fix, and Insanity (the 30 minute options). They are only 30 minutes so I can get in a great workout and be done by 5:40 at the latest.


9. As soon as my workout is over, I make my Shakeology, which I have EVERY day. It is filling, nutritious, and tastes great too!

I do some other things to make my mornings seemless too like lay out my clothes the night before, pack lunches, diaper bag, make sure bottles and clean and ready to go.


A little planning, a bit of preparation, and you can have the body of your dreams!




If you need to be held accountable and want to get in the best shape of your life !  Please sign up at the top of the page to have me as your free coach !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment