Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Week - Meal Plan - Staying on Track - Avoid Overeating !!

Good Evening Friends -  It is HERE. The week of Thanksgiving.  For most of us that means, traveling, being on a different schedule, shortened work weeks, and of course LOTS and LOTS of food.



I'm definitely human just like all of you.. I will enjoy the day... that doesn't mean eating everything in site but enjoying some special things you don't get to have the rest of the year and some good drinks while your at it. I'll give you some tips and tricks that I use to ensure that this week doesn't throw off all of the hard work that I have been doing this past month.  I'll share my meal plan and workouts of course.  Next week - December 1st - I am starting the Countdown to Christmas.  It is 25 days of workouts, eating clean, and NOT waiting until January 1st to start your new healthy lifestyle.    



First, let me share my meal plan for the week. I'll be eating lots of fresh fruit and veggies along with some lean protein  and no cheats till Thursday.  

Thanksgiving Meal Plan -  See below for Thanksgiving Week - Meal Plan - Staying on Track - Avoid Overeating !!


My Amazing Chicken recipe can be found here.  It is one of those recipes that I used to make all the time and totally forgot about. Now that I've made it, I had it 2x last week and its on the menu again this week. Its really easy and yummy too.  



So with Thursday being Thanksgiving, I personally know that I will indulge a little.  Here are some tips to avoid overeating on Thanksgiving Dinner.  Hopefully you will enjoy it and realize its just one day a year!  Countdown to Christmas Fitness, Food, And Motivation Group Starts December 1st!!



Step 1: Don't go to dinner starving. I think we all know once we reach starvation mode we end up eating everything around.  Have a normal breakfast and lunch and go to dinner moderately hungry.

Step 2: Survey whats there.  Look around the kitchen or the table and see whats offered. What do you really want?!!  If its extra stuffing or sweet potatoes ( ME!) then don't fill up on buttered bread and extra gravy (not worth it to me).  Those foods don't get me excited for a delicious cheat meal.
Step 3: Take small amounts.  Remember you can go back for seconds if you really love something.  My guess is that you will be full and won't want to eat like a maniac. 



Step 4: Drinks!  You know that water is best for you. But if you're like me - then this also means wine will be around. I know I want to have a glass or 2 of wine too.  Again, take a look around, is a glass of wine better worth more than 4 cups of stuffing. It is to me.  

Step 5:  Eat Slow.    Enjoy what you are eating, don't shovel it all in!  If you finish it all, stop, chat, have some water, share a story.  Wait a second before you pile your plate high again!

Step 6:  Enjoy!  Its just one day a year. Enjoy it and join me for my Countdown to Christmas group that starts December 1st!  Last chance to enter!!  



So, moral of the story. Even if you over do it. Its not the end of the world.  You're not alone, the average person eats about 3,000 calories more than most eat in an entire day.  Its better to realize it wasn't your best day, think positive and plan for the future. Message me to help you get started!!




No comments:

Post a Comment