Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Aldi Grocery Store Staples

There are a few staples that I like to keep on hand to make sure we have healthy easy foods to make. We live on a budget so I like to shop at Aldi's. If you have an Aldi's near you, its a great store to keep costs down.  You do sacrifice name brands and you have to bag your own groceries but if you want to save money, this is for sure the place to shop!  Lets dive in what I buy each week for healthy CLEAN eats!


1. Unsweetened almond milk - I love this in my Shakeology each morning. I also use it as a creamer in my coffee. Its been a battle to give up my beloved sweetened creamers but I know that they are full of unhealthy chemicals.  I use this milk in recipes or anything that calls for milk. I actually prefer the taste.


2. Cottage cheese.  This is something I eat as a snack daily or alternate it with greek yogurt. I love it with fruit like mandarin oranges, peaches or blueberries. It makes a perfect blend and is low calorie and so delish!


3. Greek yogurt. As I mentioned I eat this as a snack almost daily. Its easy to throw in my bag for work and take on the go.  There are a ton of flavors out there and Aldi's sells for .75. one of the cheapest prices I have seen.  


4. Ground turkey.  We always eat ground turkey in place of ground meat.  No one notices and its lower fat and when preparing healthier meals for you and your family, using ground turkey instead of ground beef is a simple way to lower saturated fat, calories, and also avoid the many health risks associated with red meat. 


5. Fresh veggies - The one thing I really like about Aldi is that always have fresh, low calorie veggies.  They rotate whats in season to give the customers the lowest possible price. This week I bought asparagus. I love it with grilled chicken.  

6. Frozen Chicken Breasts -  I cook a few at a time and then they are always ready to go to throw on a salad or wrap.  

7. Brown Rice or Quinoa  - Both are great as a side dish - cooks quick and baby approved. 

8. Flat bread -  I personally just like this better than a sandwich. I find it easy to pack up and eat with one hand at my desk sometimes.  


9. Natural Peanut butter - Check the ingredients -  the only one is peanuts.  I switch it up with this an almond butter - both are staples in our house.  

10. Rice Cakes -  My indulgence -  I honestly have no idea but these are my absolute fav - any flavor any kind any time-  BUT, I have to watch my portions because I can literally eat the whole bag!  Not necessarily CLEAN but better than some other alternatives! 

11. Fresh fruit - Always bananas, and apples (honeycrisp are my fav but they don't always have them) and grapes or blueberries, whatever is on sale! 


Of course, I always buy more stuff too but these are my staples! Hope this helps you on your next trip!

xox 

Kerri 

No comments:

Post a Comment