Follow Me on Facebook

Summer Confidence Fitness Group

Summer Confidence  Fitness Group
Join me for 30 Days so this summer you can wear anything in your wardrobe with confidence

Hello Bar

Shakeology

3 day refresh

Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Reflection

I have so many mixed emotions about this year. It has definitely been one of the hardest and one of the best too!  The reason its been the hardest because my husband was training for a new job out of town for half of it.  I had to do everything on my own the cooking, cleaning, shopping, packing up everyday for my son to go to the babysitters, and basically everything else too!  It was very trying and hard and exhausting.  It would have been the perfect time to waive my white flag and lay down but for some reason I used it to motivate me.  It was the best too because I am so proud of him for accomplishing a life long dream. I was able to really bond even more with our son.  I found my niche in life and found a second job I really love and was able to pay it forward to help so many people! 

 What are my secrets? 

How did I thrive this year instead of curling up in a ball?

Some things I did to get through this year:

1. I pushed play -  I didn't let my fitness slack. I got up early at 5am 3-4 days a week and worked out. I finished 3 different at home programs. The 21 Day Fix, PiYo, and Chalene Extreme. I love them all for different reasons but I truly believe its what got my body back after baby. I don't have time to go to the gym all the time and these are all workouts that I can do at home.  Having ME time everyday gave me energy and confidence to get through everything else.  

2.  Got enough sleep -  I am not someone who can function on 4-5 hours. I need a solid 7-8 so no matter what was going on, every night I got in bed by 10 tried to be asleep by 10:30.  I truly can't function on less. When I had less, I ate like crap, was miserable, and couldn't  possibly get through everything the next day when I am dragging.  

3. I ate right -  I am by no means perfect. I love a fried chicken wing and buffalo chicken dip as much as the next girl. I enjoyed and had a taste or 2 when I wanted it.  However, 80% of the time I was on track.  I had my Shakeology for breakfast each day. I pack my lunch for work and plan out my meals each week.  I try to eat clean most of the time, less processed, more real food. 





4.  Work from a To Do List -  I've tried a few different ones this year. I bought apps, I have a planner, I use my notes in my phone, I write it on scraps of paper.  I truly can't say I have figured out the very best way YET but I do know that writing it down helps me to stay on track. I am forgetful and this always helps me.  





5. Explore what makes you passionate -  I started a new job. I became a Beachbody Coach.  While this was probably the worst time to start a new job, I found that it really motivated me to want to do better. I have my masters degree in counseling psychology and have been a group exercise instructor for a few years now so I have been able to combine the two into a virtual health and fitness coach.  Ive been able to pay off credit cards, go on vacation, and start to have some financial freedom! If you want more out of life and love health and fitness and want to pay it forward - join my team!  



6.  Keep positive people in your life -  Do your part to maintain stable, positive relationships, instead of sweating the small stuff and creating drama. Who wants to waste a day being irritated with something or someone? When you cast negativity onto the world, you will always feel bad inside.
If you aim to maintain balance around you, it will help you maintain balance within.  I have a solid group of friends, an amazing sister, and a great supportive family.


7.  Pay it forward -  I have finally found a happy balance in my life. I have workouts that I love, simple nutrition, and am able to help others. Giving is much better than receiving. 




8.  Be happy with what you have - I still struggle with this.  I want that outfit, the new furniture, decorations, dvds, computer etc. I am working, trying and striving to be happy with what I have and see the positive.  And when my hubby was away it sure made me appreciate all he does while he is here. Be thankful for what others do for you as well!!   Living with a grateful heart is much better than always chasing something else.  

I truly hope that 2015 is your best year yet!  I hope that my tips will help you to lead a balanced and fulfilling life!  

xoxo



Coach Kerri Bauer 

























No comments:

Post a Comment